"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just Plain Lovely

Oh happy day!  We had a tiny break from the feeding tube one afternoon this past week, before she received a new one.
And we had ourselves a fabulous time doing absolutely nothing.
She played on the floor, freely.  No tangled up legs or arms in the tube.
No worries of her pulling the tube out when I left the room.
Free to roll, sit, and play however she pleased.
Free to ride on my hip all through the house without dragging the pump behind us.
She had a bubble bath free of keeping tape dry or tube in place.
She even had some baby food.  She loved every bite and cried when it was over.  
I took a lot for granted.  Simple things that once even bothered me, are now months away from being the norm.  Gratitude is sinking in.
My friends are amazing.  Truly, I feel like thank you notes are a laughable response to how much they have stepped in to love my girls and take care of us.  Each one has blessed our family in a way my heart will forever remember.  We are soaked in love.
This is my dear friend Jenny.  
She loves my girls with a tender affection and grace.  
My thankful heart deepens.
Tonight, we commenced our day of errands and swimming with friends with a little fishing trip.
After some cupcakes, of course.
My daddy used to take me fishing as a little girl.  Just imagine a 3 year old unphased by hooks and worms, slimy fish, the mud.  With a short fuse when the fish didn't bite right away.
Or just think Sophie Lynn.
She was furious to begin with, and the hook in her hand didn't help the whole grand experience of it all.
Isn't this how it ends with little ones sometimes?  They crumble, we push.  We keep it together and try not to laugh at how drenched in sweat and snot we are.  And maybe a little worm guts too.
Bunny came along for the toasty adventure.
The latest...she continues to amaze her nurses and doctors with her growth.  She's up to 15.9 pounds now.  She'll have rechecks for tumors every few months and then years.  Weekly evaluations of her feeding tube progress.  And weight checks twice a week.  Coasting and growing through the summer is the plan.
Continuing to discover layers of strength and stamina.  His pockets of rest and joy throughout the day.

I am laughing as I think about today.  How I dropped the feeding tube pump in the garage, how we swam with sweet mommies who held babies and watched older lovelies swim.  Like all other mamas, changing tons of diapers, filling up sippy cups, and making sure they know just how treasured they really are.  Nothing fancy or exciting happened today.  Just the norm.
And is was just plain lovely.

2 comments:

  1. your girls are beautiful. the perspective you look through is beautiful, along with your heart. these photos are stunning, a shoo-in to bring a smile to my face. your writing, well, it's lovely.

    ps. victory, at last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo excited you got to have a little "time without the tube"!!!!! These pictures of your " just plain lovely" day are amazing!!!! My dad always took me and my sister fishing too!!!! I can feel Sophie's pain when those fish just wouldn't bite!!!! So thankful for the memories!!!! Your girls truly have the best mommy and daddy in the world!!!! Thanks so much for letting us in on your " just plain lovely" day!!!!

    ReplyDelete