"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Less is More, Sometimes...

Change.  We're adjusting to it.  Less going and more being at home, taking care of bunny.
We had plans this weekend, they've been scratched.
Instead, this Saturday morning, this is my view.
And I like it.

I'm a more is more kind of girl.
A recipe calls for 2 cups of chocolate chips, dump in one more cup.
Running a few miles, might as well run one more.
Think I'm full, just have one more slice of pizza.
Lately, I'm seeing the wisdom in less is more.
Allow me to explain.

I'll start with Alice.  She's gained more, now up to 15.8 pounds.  That's my girl.  Keep it comin'.
When doctors speculate and toss out terms like blood test for genetic disorders.  Multiple tumors may occur.  Multiple operations may be necessary.  I'm finding, less is more.
We met with one of our amazing doctors this past week and he had to cover some possibilities and concerns about Alice.  I know it's just talk and not fact, but I want less talk.  And I want to be more of her mom and less of her nurse, the one putting the tube back in her when she's pulled it out.  I want more answers from our GI on Monday.
But I have to be okay with less.
Because I know He is greater.  And His peace soothes my soul more than anything else.
I love this spot on her neck, it doesn't get sweeter than this
There are moments where more is more, and I can't get enough of her kisses, because more blueberries really do make it better, and the more time with a sweet one in my lap for weekend cartoons, the sweeter the moment.

Less time folding, cleaning, and doing, gives me more of what I truly want.  Letting go of the fear and stress that so easily comes into my heart, into my house.  Less time spent trying to do it all, because I've known for awhile I can't.  And right now, I know I really can't.

More space in my heart to rest and receive.  My friends have rallied.  Meals, childcare, prayers, cards, flowers, cookies.  My heart soaks in gratitude and joy each day.  We are loved and blessed.
More, please.

1 comment:

  1. I love your sweet family and the grace that you all have as you go through this season in your life. I can't wait for you to look back on this time and see how you have triumphed!

    ReplyDelete