"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, June 3, 2011

Surgery & Hospital {Alice}

My God is good.  My girl is brave.  
We have had a long day but are grateful for the outcomes and amazing staff here at Children's.
Alice's GI scope revealed nothing abnormal so they took stomach, small intestine, and esophagus biopsies.  We will get those results this weekend.
Her removal of the eyebrow cyst went well.  It was growing in 2 directions, they did their best to remove it all.  We will know Thursday if the cyst is cancerous or benign.
After surgery, her temperature spiked to 103.3 for 2 hours, so she had her nurse very concerned.  It turned out to be a reaction to a medication and nothing more.
The insertion of the feeding tube was really hard.  She vomited 3 times on the table, once in a nurse's face.  Then she had lots of blood work.  I've never heard any of my babies cry and scream like she did.
Anyone who has been in a children's hospital knows, today is nothing compared to what other parents go through.  Although our day has been long and challenging, we are blessed and grateful.  We will be coming home in 4-6 days.  
And for that, we are joyfully thankful.

My friend Daena has a brave little one who has had 10 surgeries.  She has given me lots of mama advice...one tip being to make the hospital room yours.
I felt like Mary Poppins with my magic bag.
Before

After


After

As I type, her daddy is holding her and singing to her.  She is resting in his arms with multiple tubes coming from her tiny body.  They are saying she's possibly considered "failure to thrive".
Good thing we know He will grow her.  Like her daddy's strong hands, she is in the hands of the Maker who perfectly crafted her in my womb when it seemed hormone levels were nonexistent.
The Father is sustaining her sweet body.
Meanwhile, I pace the hospital room with my precious bunny, declaring this room to be the Lord's.  Inviting the Holy Spirit's presence to be poured out on this place.
Surgery is over.  Hospital stay is here.
And His goodness we will see and choose.


6 comments:

  1. Nicole Jarvis ZimmererJune 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM

    Hang in there Doke family! We love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's nothing "failure" about this sweet little girl, He has made her in a perfect light! love me some Dokes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a POWERFUL post! Your faith is so strong! As tears come down my eyes, please know my faith and prayers are with you and your precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet sweet Bunny!!! What an honor to hold you today - You are so loved and cherished - perfect in our sight! We love you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things He's told us...that He is strong and He loves us! He is strong for Alice and He loves her...two of the best things for sweet Alice. Love you guys so much Meg. Our prayers are UNCEASING!

    ReplyDelete