"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, June 17, 2011

Talking Around the House

My girl loves to talk.  If you give her a minute, she might just talk your ear off.
But lately, she's been less talk and more doing.  Going out of her way to take care of me.
I find cups of ice water waiting for me on my night stand as I go to bed.  Her sweet attempts at folding laundry, even if it's dirty, are left out for me to see.  She has extra patience for her little sister.
My heart is full to the brim.

And Sophie Lynn is following her lead.
Even if that means offering her thumb to Alice.
We have been talking about our summer plans.  This amazing mom suggests making a list of summer plans; things to do and not to do.  So we happily jotted down some dreams for the summer, to the tune of animals crackers and a few cups of coffee for me.
She can't wait.

One item on the list, fun in the hose and slip in slide.  Our awesome neighbors joined in on the fun. Everyone should be so blessed to have friends like these, living only a few feet away.
There's just something special about watching your friends love on your babies.
Kristen loves her some Ali Beth.  And bunny loves her right back.  All the way to the moon.
Ali Beth liked it too, from her comfy, cozy view.  This was a long day for her, second day this week of having the feeding tube reinserted.  Hooray for our hero of the day, Jake Bauer!  Our friend who happens to be a pediatric nurse came over to put it back in.  We are so blessed.  I had to reinsert it in the middle of the night so I was grateful for the reprieve earlier in the day.
We're looking forward to the weekend.  There is a giddy atmosphere that brews in the house on Fridays, because we all know he'll be home soon.  Sophie clarifies each Friday night that he's not going to work and that he'll be home all weekend.

This weekend is extra special because we will lavish him with extra love for Father's Day.
Because he is so wonderful to us.

And I will smile and think about my daddy.  I've been thinking about him all week long.
The weekend is here.  And that means the Doke kitchen will be open again with little hands, with plenty to talk about, ready to make sweetness on a platter.

4 comments:

  1. you are so precious! what an amazing woman, mother and friend you are! Praying for your sweet family! I love you little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i think about the Doke house, i think talking. all kinds, any kind - i love it all! i have absolutely loved watching your girls learn to talk, i love talking to them - they are hilarious and i can hardly wait til sweet Alice starts, could we have another fiery Doke girl on our hands?

    love you sweet friend and i'm beyond thankful for talking around the Doke house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect little family... love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet lil mama you have on your hands in Emma! I love you sweet ladies :)

    ReplyDelete