"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, July 18, 2011

Back to Reality

Reality has completely set up camp at our house.  
Last week in Colorado, this was the hardest I concentrated for pretty much the whole week.
Don't fall, don't fall was the only item on the to-do list.
Today was a just a bit different, with the smeared peanut butter & jelly everywhere, the cleaning, and the endless unpacking laundry.
Between the folds and conversation with a sweet friend, I remembered.
We braved class 4 white water rapids.  Eh, let's be honest, Josh did all of the work and we lived to tell about it. But it was amazing.
the Willeford's, McGuire's, and our trusty guide Josh
I miss our nights at Club.  I miss this little face watching games and taking it all in.
I miss the gorgeous flower baskets cascading down everywhere.
I miss holding my girl while her daddy swam with her sisters.  My only focus was filling up her tank with affection.  Check.
If you have been to Buena Vista, then you know this place.  I consider myself an ice cream connoisseur and let me say, this ice cream is the coldest, sweetest, and best tasting treat.
I miss it.
But this is my reality.  She is my reality.  They are my reality.
And the Rockies don't hold a candle to my babies.
Emma loves feeding Ali
And although I miss the mountains, the 24-hour coffee bar, and K's ice cream...I am in love with my every day.  My reality is the berries.
A girl can day dream and our memories make me laugh in the midst of laundry piles.
Exhibit A.
All of the kids were asked to come down to the stage during dinner.  My Sophie was unwavering in her choice to remain at the table to polish off her very own chocolate cream pie.
My girl, with her I'm-about-to-work-this face.  She enjoyed every last bite.
Sucking the marrow, baby.
While I change diapers and play restaurant with my babies, I will smile and remember how she scrunched up her face in adorable protest of having her picture taken.  How my oldest could hardly hold still because she knew she was missing out on fun, somewhere.  
And the littlest princess, she let the sun warm her cheeks and received a thousand kisses.
We brought it home with us as much as we could.  Home.  It's no endless buffet topped with uninterrupted charade's washed down with no responsibilities.
But home, our reality, is a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love how you write. I love even more how you treasure the little moments in every day life. You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. megan i LOVE looking at these pics! it brings me SOOO much joy to see you guys having such an amazing time and just soaking in His creation! So happy for you! miss you all so much!
    xoxo
    Catherine Glenn

    ReplyDelete