"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, July 4, 2011

Full of Choices

Our 4th of July was full.  Full of sun, full of swimming.  Full of time together, and full of love.

We spent hours in the sun watching our little fish play and receive love.  
My friend Liz, she's a treasure.  She loves my babies oh so well.
And as it works with kids, many moments of little ones regathering self control.  The mamas and daddies enjoying days with lovies coupled with our own choices of patience and humility when needed. Sometimes we choose well, other times, not so much.

We chose driveway fireworks over the ones that light the night sky, for Bunny.  Our doctor shared the importance of Ali's sleep at night and how the sleep is very important for growth.
There will always be next year.  Keep growing baby girl.
This weekend, I had the choice to listen and respond to the still, small voice of turn and look to your left.  
Sophie had been in a small raft in the pool, taking a break from her floaties.  The grown ups were talking in the pool when she unnoticeably fell out of the raft.  Turn and look to the left...
I saw her, she had kicked, trying to swim, almost 8 feet towards me under water.  I will never forget her face under the water, looking up at me with fear.  I pulled her from the water, still holding Alice.  She was breathing and conscious, but her face and lips were completely white. She had held her breath and fought hard to get to me. Many things went through my mind.  
Gratitude for His protection.  
Thankfulness for swim lessons a few weeks ago.  
Angry that we missed it happening and took our eyes off of her.  
But my brave girl was back in the water 5 minutes later.  With her floaties.
the lovely Erin 
I tucked her in that night.  But that wasn't enough.  I crawled in her bed in the middle of the night, because I needed to hold her and listen to her little chest rise and fall with each breath. 
My heart is soaked in gratitude.
with Jonathan
My heart is full.  
Full of joy because we busted a move in the car to Hot Steppa.  Because we're lyrical ganstas.
Our fun filled days made babies crash on the floor.
And giggle.
My crepe myrtles are blooming and they remind me of my daddy.
The perfect ending to the Independence celebration with friends.
I made our favorite version of brownies thus far.  Excellent choice.  I may even have one for breakfast.
We are full.  And so glad we chose to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment