"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Home: a Powerful Place

My most favorite places are miles and plane rides away.  Africa, the beaches in the Bahamas on our honeymoon, the mountains.
We can't wait to leave home next summer.  In fact, I could no longer hold Emma off from making a count down. Seriously, we're going to be tearing days off for a very long time.
But I like home just the same.  In fact, I may like it more.
The sounds of littles playing in their world of imagination.  Pretend play to me, but so real to them.  All in princess attire, of course.

The place where we brought home new precious ones, just arriving into the world.  The place where we indulge in meals and laughter with company.  The learning grounds for sisterhood and marriage.  Home is a powerful place.

A place of sweet anticipation of friends coming to play.  Home, soon to be destroyed and overtaken with toys.


with Keaton and Nolan
And in our home, fiery fight brews as strong as the coffee.  We had our weekly weight check at Children's and Alice has lost a pound.  Not because she is vomiting, but because she is weary of the formula they want her to drink hourly.  She's done, she's had enough.
I know this look, I know this fire.  It's my contribution to her DNA.  We have until Wednesday to gain weight or then we have some choices to make.

No worries.  The feeding tube equipment has been picked up already and it will not be coming back.
Because the mama says so.  Boo agrees.

Home took on a new meaning for our sweet friends, the Jenkins' this week.  They brought home 2 precious ones, bringing them into family, into the fold.
Adoption.  What a blessing and honor it was to watch this homecoming.


A beautiful bride to be, Amanda.  Her home is on the horizon.  In just a few weeks she will step into the most beautiful gift of marriage, of covenant.  A celebration is in store.
And as much as I love home, getting the mama out of the house is needed and enjoyed.
My beautiful friend Liz.  Her infectious laugh and tender heart are a blessing to all.



There are days when home is hard and it displays the weeds to quickly pull up so they don't take root. Complacency, lack of contentment, weariness.  Anything not filled with grace.
We clean up messes, ask for forgiveness, and we continue to learn what it is to be a family in our home...
a powerful place to be.

1 comment:

  1. I just love every post of yours- you have so many wonderful blessings and it is great that you share them with us all. :) You are beautiful, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete