"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Monday

We had a great weekend.  Saw some Winnie the Pooh, the popcorn was more of a hit than the movie. 
A bridal shower, a birthday party, a little backyard BBQ.  
Just the essentials of a lovely weekend.  
My girl.  We have a weight check in a few days and we're working hard for every ounce.
The favorites so far, pumpkin bread, pizza, bananas, pasta, and Cheerio's.  She's almost crawling, but not yet.
I know she will when she's ready.  She's dishing up some major fits and attitude.  Maybe more than the older 2 ever did.
Feisty means healthy.  So bring it on baby girl.
Tonight it cooled down to a tolerable 95 degrees.  We celebrated and busted out some toys outside and chatted with our neighbors.  And I tried for the hundredth time to get a picture of Sophie not making this face.
I failed.
Case and point.
She's 11 months here.  Same look.  I won't relent in my attempts.

Tonight as we listened to our babies play and ride bikes super fast I let my mind slip back into Colorado nights.  Cool and shaded by the aspen trees, maybe just before the rain crept in.
Which reminded me of this cool afternoon hike.
There were so many things that made camp wonderful, life changing.  I feel like I was the mama I wanted to be.  A mama free of cooking, cleaning, laundry...you know, the every day things that need gettin' done but pull us away from playing just a bit longer and drain the tank of patience and rest.  I am trying to bring some of that home as best as I can.
Last week, I didn't cook at all.  I think I secretly thought somehow dinner would magically appear.  It didn't.  
We had cereal and sandwiches.  Sorry honey.
So tonight I threw all of dinner in one dish.  Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad.  Viola, dinner is served.

Recipe (knockoff from Cheddar's, my old stomping ground)
- chicken (warm)
- pasta (chilled)
- lettuce
-shredded Parmesan
- Caesar dressing
-croutons
*****
1.  cook chicken and pasta
2.  throw it all in a bowl
3.  throw some dressing in, mix
4.  presto, you've got dinner

This happens to be Boo's favorite meal.
We tucked in some sweet littles tonight.  Just as sweet as the blueberry donut I devoured while grocery shopping this morning.  
It's Monday.  And they had a wonderfully simple day.  On to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment