"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, August 22, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I smile as I type.  We had a lovely weekend.  Last night, all 3 babes were tucked in, fast asleep.  I could hear her sweet breath rise and fall as she dreamed.
This morning, the tasks of unpacking and laundry over coffee drenched in vanilla cream.  One by one, little babies trickled out of their rooms with wobbly bodies and puffy sun-kissed faces.
The weekend delivered.
We welcomed in the weekend with frolicking in the sprinklers, cushioned by beautiful rows of fresh cut grass.  
Waiting for him to come home.

My girl proudly made me a bracelet fastened with fashionable staples and green marker.
I love this.

The heat combined with Sophie's sore throat meant rescuing by the blender.
Raspberry smoothies were in order.
Raspberry Smoothies
- hand full of raspberries (any berry will do)
- (1 serving) of yogurt
- 1/2 c. milk
- splash of lemon juice
- few handfuls of ice
Slurp it up, baby.
Then off to my hubby's hometown of Dallas.  Car packed, babies buckled, and we set off for the toasty state.
We didn't do much but pile on high the sweet time with friends and family.  Nothing to be measured in productivity.
More so in our hearts.
Plenty of memories to be stored in eager hearts already asking for the next visit.
with Nicolette
We talked about our babies, some still babbling in tenderness and some on the brink of college choices.  I watch my lovely sister-in-laws as they love their little ones now not so little, now driving cars and making choices for their forever.
Uncle John

And the simplicity and play of the weekend makes me want to freeze my girls in time.
I've had strangers say to me in the grocery store when I'm wrangling my babies Don't worry, it gets easier.
Truth is, I think it's harder to let them go.  I love my every day and I don't want to rush it for anything or anyone.
I know the days of high school and college will be here soon.  I'm happy here with today.

I'll take chaos and tantrums in diapers for 400, Alex.
For now, I like to catch him loving on his babies when he doesn't know I'm watching.  His voice becomes tender and soft, just for her.
Because it's tiring and hard to keep an eye on little ones in a pool, or anywhere for that matter.
But letting go of them one day as their feet take them onto a campus, that will be my hard day.



with Aunt Joleen
We stayed with the Holmes' for the weekend.  This precious family is anchored in His promises of healing, strength, and sustaining grip of the Father's hands.  It was a blessing to spend time with them.
Baking cookies.  And eating plenty.


As soon as their 4 kiddos and our 2 older ones were remotely awake, they poured into the backyard in their jammies.  The day just couldn't wait.  We watched from the windows, sipping coffee over blueberry pancakes as they drank in the morning.
Even a quick passing by of Chris' house he grew up in.  Watching their little minds try to imagine him as a kid.

Texas brought the heat but more than that, it brought a lovely weekend full of His blessings.
We didn't want to leave.

The sage in bloom is like perfume,
Deep in the heart of Texas.
Reminds me of the one I love,
Deep in the heart of Texas.

Texas, my hat's off to you for a weekend of pure delight.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend for some family time! So glad you had a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really and truly fantastic weekend. What fun : ) I love how happy the kids look in every picture. Like they are going to burst with joy! I hope you can go back soon.

    ReplyDelete