"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, August 4, 2011

In This Mama's Mind

I start the day with lots of coffee with lots of french vanilla creamer.  Because I'm 5, and I still can't drink black coffee without gagging.  My mind knows there's much to be done today.
A lot in this mama's mind.
The mind is jumbled and random, such as...
Meals
I sit in hopes that my kids won't finish their ____.  PB&J, cookie, waffle, pizza, slushie.  You name it.  I'd like to add it to my meal as a finishing touch.

I am a fan of grilling dinner.  Throw some chicken and veggies, soaked in marinade on the grill and presto, you got yourself some grub.  Our fave marinade of the moment, Target's Lemon Pepper.
A girl's gotta know how to grill my dad would say.  He taught me well.

Tonight, I actually mixed it with some brown rice and we used a serving dish.  My kids kept asking who was coming over since we weren't eating out of the pan, from the stove.

Quick Fixes
I believe a diaper and some wipes can fix anything.  A mama's version of duct tape.
Sophie, my impulsive Hulk of a child, frequently pokes holes in her orange slushies.  Not my favorite color in the carpet of the floor in the car.  No worries.  Wrap that cup in a diaper, because the diaper can handle the leaks.  Wipe up the drips.  Problem solved.

Fast Recipes
I love taking a pouch of Martha White's just-add-milk blueberry muffin mix (grand total of $1) and throwin' in some goodness to make them divine.
Fast Banana Blueberry Oat Muffins 
- pouch of blueberry muffin mix
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- some oats and brown sugar
1.  add 1/2 cup of milk to all the goobers
2.  mix it up, top with sprinkling of oats and brown sugar
3.  bake and enjoy
They're great for breakfast.  They're great for an afternoon buddy to some major coloring.

Outside
I love walks with my girls.  Even when they begin with me running down the street chasing my oldest because she's gotten too far ahead and can no longer hear my yells to come back or Stop!!!  Half of my street now thinks I'm nuts, I can deal.  "Well hello Mrs. Hardage, so nice to meet you.  I'm Megan, I'm friends with your son and his soon-to-be-wife.  Oh, that reminds me, sorry I didn't RSVP to the rehearsal dinner.""  I should have just said "Don't mind me, I'm just nuts, forgetful, and I yell at my kids."  Nice one, Meg.  
And today's walk ended with me pushing Alice in the stroller while dragging Sophie's big wheel bike.  Who said wrangling babies wasn't hard.

The Hubby
I love the way they look at him.  Following him out to the car when he leaves for work.  Shrieking and laughing when he comes home.  Rock star status.

Play Dates
Before I had kids, I didn't quite understand play dates or really see the point.  Now, I love them and jump at the chance.  Eager to sit in the floor and catch up over coffee.
Chat.  Help a little one go potty.  Chat.  Sip of coffee.  Nurse a baby.  Chat.  More coffee.

with precious Bekham and Shar, our lovely friends
Lately we've moved the play dates to the pool.
Stacie, my sweet friend.  She invited us to an afternoon swim.  Simply delightful.
Motherhood
For some reason the heat makes each part a bit more exaggerated.  Sweat more, change clothes more, more laundry.  Seemingly more crankiness from the babies.  More creativity to keep them busy inside.  More popsicles and slushies.

wish list of treats to be baked
Of course I'm leaving out plenty of things.  I haven't even scratches the surface.  But these things are on the forefront of my mind today.  And right now, I take it one day at a time.
In this mama's mind, I am learning to guard the input, the things I allow to swirl around and set up camp.  Today, it's only the good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. obsessed. a big smile on my face the entire time! you're wonderful & that doesn't even come close to how truly great you are, Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you friend! Love your sweet family. And will definitely have to remember the diaper trick whenever SE shoves the straw through the drink next time because let's face it, there will be a next time!

    ReplyDelete