"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, August 12, 2011

A Little Bit of This

Summer's end is on the horizon.  Days of morning walks to beat the heat, afternoons in the comfort of the pool, evenings with friends, will all come to an end soon.
Date nights with daddy will bring bundled little ones to cozy booths with hot cocoa.
For now, a little bit of this.  Ice cream dates with sunscreen, brown shouldered babies. 
Dressed in Asian attire.  It's like that.
One at a time, he pursues them.  Asking them questions, peeling back layers into their sweet little worlds.
She's a firecracker.  She's a siren.  So loved by their daddy.
No worries Sister, your date nights will be here next summer.
Meanwhile, we'll hang back and watch your big sisters ride ahead on morning walks, to see what we will see. Maybe a stop at a friend's house to play for hours.

Girls' got herself a determined spirit.  Or as my husband says, huge high heels.  And they are dug in way deep.

Saturdays at our casa means mama whips up some major grub, usually soaked in syrup and butta'.  But one day this week, I was wanting a Saturday breakfast.
Cinnamon pancakes topped with dried cranberries and pecans.  Yes please.
A little bit of this is a fabulous start to the day.
Full bellies lead us to other adventures in between laundry and cleaning.  In the afternoon, we settled onto a perfectly laid floor palette for a movie.  All the lovies were in attendance.
Mixed in with a little bit of friendship.

Bunny is a rock star.  I will brag for a minute and say she's gone 5 days without throwing up.
Our appointments are in 2 weeks and we're ready.  Bring.  It.  On.
Shazam!
You know as much as I love to bake, a day commenced standing over a hot stove cooking dinner doesn't exactly sound so fun.  But grilling some kabobs while she plays and giggles to herself, I'll take a little bit of this.

And this little critter has been a fly on the wall for our little bits of goodness.  At least until the Hulk sees it, and then he'll be another mess for me to clean up.
Speaking of cleaning...
If I didn't know any better, I would reckon I am pregnant.  I'm not.  I'll say it again, I am not.
But I'm cleaning an de-cluttering like a preggo.  Emma looks at me and stares because I've got that crazy look in my eyes that says this closet is about to get hit upside the head with some Tetris.  It will all fit.
Last night though, I paused and propped up my feet with this delicious creation.
 Meg's PB Sundae
- ice cream
- peanut butter
- chocolate syrup
- chopped pecans
- bananas
- Reece's minis
- a crumbled up cookie
Pile it on high and use a large spoon.  You'll be glad you did.
It's almost as sweet as her tender sausage toes and her soft cackles.  But not quite.
My babies.  They're just the berries.  Even when we're at our worst, when they do the opposite of everything I say.  When we've come so far only to go back to square one.
My heart goes back to home base.  A kiss, a look at me Mama, a carefully sculpted tower of blocks, a chorus of laughter from a trio of princesses.  
A little bit of this invites His presence of joy into the moment.  
I am reminded they will only be small for a little bit longer.  
And I will look up one day and long for a little bit of this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment