"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Simple Weekend

On Friday we happily welcomed in the cooler temperatures and some much needed rain.  The excitement was brewing of the weekend to come.

It didn't disappoint.
Among many simple and fun items on the weekend's agenda, mama reached into her 80's childhood denim bag.
Ta-da.  The side pony tail.
I resisted the urge to bust out some Debbie Gibson and a few episodes of Blossom.
For now, we'll keep it here.  My girl rocked it and has requested it ever since.
Nothing fancy this weekend.  Some playing, biscuits for breakfast, a few runs for the mama, and time with friends.

My little Bunny was in full effect.  She's coming into her own.  She is the fire from Sophie, the specificity of Miss Rose, and her own contribution of sweetness mixed with buckets of determination.  She's tough, oh so very tough.  Girl knows what she wants and she'll get there in her own time.
Tonight's dinner, a whole slice of Shuttle and a tub of squash.  Sister doesn't mess around.
I smile when I think back to June, how we were scheduled to have her NG tube for months.
And how this little pistol decided otherwise.  We followed her lead.
I thought a summer of daily reinserts of the tube would be my routine.
Not so much, according to the Alice Elizabeth.

Because this summer we made plans and have happily marked them off our list.  We drank in the Rockies and braved the rapids of the Arkansas River.
The days have ended with happy little ones playing in the back yard until we say they must come inside and soak off the day's adventures in a mountain of bubbles.
Our backyard is our playground.  The place where we trickle out after dinner for some fun. Tonight, some friends joined us.  We are so blessed.
Kacy.  She's simply gorgeous.  She's a stunning, captivating combination of emerald greens and apricot locks. And you should see her heart.  One of our friends who love us and we love her right back.

While Emma wants to be in the center of all the hustle and bustle of friendship, Sophie is content to hang back and do her own thing.  Sweet differences.
Common ground for all of the little princesses is our Alicia.  She has lived with us for almost 2 years and I happily claim her.  My girls are over the moon for her.  If you know her, you know why.
She joins us when she's home.  Tonight's suggestion, jumping pictures.
Jumping pictures.  They crack me up.  Have no idea why.
The girls joined in the giddy fun along with precious Toni.  She's a treasure.  This we know.
These summer nights are sand in the hour glass slipping through my fingers.  The crickets sing and my babies laugh because they're being loved on.  Our backyard is the perfect stage for such memories to be made.
And we're making them.
The backdrop silently changes from vibrant pinks to shade of deep orange, hints of purple.
Good night moon, wherever you are.  We'll catch your act tomorrow night.
Same time.  Same place.
Same sweet babies.

Same hearts ready to shelve the day's responsibilities and trade them in for popsicles with kiddos and friends. Because we know how to bring the weekend into the week.
With jumping pictures, of course.

1 comment:

  1. the side ponytail equals my all time favorite!! maybe i'll just get in line & you can do my hair too :) i'm still impressed Emma got that jumping photo! love y'all and our time together!!!

    ReplyDelete