"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Green Light

When the daddy's away the girls will play.

Chris doesn't travel often but when he does, there's a series of green lights that sound off and make way for happy occurrences of letting go.

Welcoming simplicity and ease.

Green light for baking and making, leaving messes for later when babies are sleeping and mama is by herself. Maybe she'll scrub away and maybe she'll discover Pinterest and be forever inspired into the wee hours of the night.
A wreath made out of cinnamon sticks?
I'm in.

We're granted later bed times because popcorn and movies await little jammied baby bodies snuggled up under blankets and fluffy pillows.  Maybe some mani-pedis too.

And mama sleeps in a bit later until little babies, who have curled up to snuggle all night, have stirred to coherency requesting breakfast and cartoons.  Granted.

Today's Saturday breakfast deliciousness, Overnight Cinnamon Rolls.
This recipe didn't disappoint and left some sticky, messy girls very happy.

Green light for the mama to sneak away to celebrate with other sweet mamas.

She's having a girl.

The Lord has written a sweet story here of provision, speaking to deep dreams that swell in this mama's heart.  We laughed, indulged, and cried.

Because He's so good.

There are delicate joys awaiting the Wendorff family.  Precious memories are coming.

Off to the park we went.











 Bunny is crawling.  It makes me cry.  It makes me act like a nut.




And yes, there were plenty of meltdowns, runny noses, diaper blow outs, fits over who had that dad-gum Barbie first, and me biting my tongue with the because-I-said-so's stirring in my tired brain from the long days.  
And I just plain missed him.

Which all contributes to the necessity of why there must be more green lights.



Green light for humility and drinking in His grace, which is even more desired...and granted by His tender heart.


So here's to you...you fabulous fictitious emerald light, bringing His waves of patience and rest.

Here's to enjoying my babies and embracing the interruptions as a dear friend reminded me.

Green light, you are welcome here.



The crawling baby agrees.

7 comments:

  1. i love this! so stinkin much. i feel like you're quickly becoming a professional with this new camera of yours! i love the green light & i'm so thankful i got to be apart of it :) you're an inspiration Meg

    and now you're onto Pinterest. your blog + Pinterest = no time for other www's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. megan, your blog is way fun and your girls are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, I love reading your blog. You are an inspriation to mommas! And, you write so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg, you and your girls are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Love you! Love your girls! I'm not sure I said "love" enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, you write beautifully and your girls are just beautiful! such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those little eyes so wide when she's crawling - hilarious! Makes me wanna stay up late with my boys sometime :)

    ReplyDelete