"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Simplicity & Ease

Today, I stepped out into new territory.
Today was wonderful.
At the same time, left me glancing back at the seasons past, not too long ago.  Just the other day.

The days of playing with a baby on the floor, throwing in a load of laundry, sipping coffee.  Morning walks. Afternoon naps while she rested and mama cleaned, regrouped, smelled dinner simmering waiting for him to come home.  Our house was our little nest of wonder and delight.  Nowhere to be.

This weekend, our day together at the zoo was at our pace.  Some elephants.  A few billy goats.  Feet in the creek.





A weekend encore with friends playing outside until dark.



Today was much different.  Early morning walk with a friend, quick shower before I tip toe into their room for flowery dresses and bows on hair that streaks with summer's adventures in the sun.  Downstairs for breakfast. The littlest one wakes up to nurse and get her tiny body dressed.  Emma to school, Sophie to school, Sophie to ballet.  Grocery store run.  Pick up Emma from school.  Naps for littles while mama mops, sweeps, and folds. Dinner going, Emma to ballet.

Baby girl rocked her tu-tu like no one's business.

She practiced and sang in the lobby.
I tried not to cry.

Chris took Emma to her class when he got home from work.  Our living room was the happy recipient of an encore performance.
Back to the nest for side walk chalk masterpieces and snapshots into their day of school.  Baths, stories, bedtime.  The day commences with giggles and a hint of rebellion from 2 little girls sharing a room and making memories in the dark.
Territories of dance studio lobbies, car pool pick up lines and drop offs.
The day felt like a game of Tetris.

But a good game it is.
I know this is a tiny taste of the years to come.  I'm looking forward to them but my heart does love me some simplicity and ease when it comes to my babies.
Simplicity.

Ease.



More full days are coming and we will happily welcome them with open arms.
And the space that cultivates simple moments together are ones to be treasured.  
We welcome those days too.

3 comments:

  1. My heart is melting reading this! I love that your day was filled with carpools and tu-tu's - that's something to be treasured :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your beautiful pictures... the close-up of emma is just darling and I'm loving those baby toes in rainbow-legs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. Misty eyes and warm
    thoughts. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete