"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Simply In Love

Yesterday I was not the mama I wanted to be.  The day was challenging and long, my affections were less and my patience was gone.
I needed their forgiveness.  I needed their grace.  
His grace came this morning, His mercies followed.  

Because deep in my heart, a song dwells.  A love song for each one of them.
A burning love that will never be quenched.
I'm in love with the way her brain organizes and creates.
With her little hands that follow along her heart's desires.

This little one.
I'm in love with her, her every move.  The way she looks at me.
The way we waltz at night.  She coos as I sing.
There's no place I'd rather be.

 I'm in love with our friends, who sweetly love us so well.  And we love them right back.

I laugh at her determined spirit, her new found love of the wagon.  She pulls her sisters all over our fairy forest as they giggle and gaze.
I follow, heart soaked in love for this moment.

I love our nights in the driveway with friends and babies.
I love how she wants to keep up but knows it's just not time yet.  But she'll happily settle for some sidewalk chalk and cuddles.
I love our errands that by no means accomplish anything productive.
Just 'cuz outings.

 
I love going on her field trips.  How she glances at me, just to make sure I see her but then carries on in her own little world.



I love this phase of concrete thinking.  She knows a barn hosts a horse, maybe some cows and pigs.  This barn was empty, but sister stood knocking for 10 minutes, waiting for a horse.
No horse.
No cows or pigs.
Just a funny little girl in her boots, hoping and wishing.
I love me some Sophie Lynn.

I love these sweet babies, who are growing and discovering.

My heart swells with love.  With a deep grasping to remember for the years to come.





I am simply in love.  
Grateful yesterday is gone.
Grateful for a new day.
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for His mercies never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

4 comments:

  1. Let that new day begin today sweet friend, one step at a time knowing your Father is faithful! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post. and we all have days like that, mama. thankful for new mercies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your babies are so absolutely adorable. What a great post. I love that you treasured your day. Just as it was. There are so many great things about children, aren't there? It never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete