"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Weekend Bliss

I have no idea where the week went.  I blinked and it was Friday.
Kind of like how I blinked and saw her.  My baby, no longer a baby but a waiting ballerina in her white tap shoes.
The week was fabulous.  And the weekend has just begun.

We kicked off the weekend with good news.
Earlier in the week it seemed Alice's tumor was making an unwelcome return.  Her plastic surgeon quickly saw us and thinks it's more than likely some scar tissue.  He speculated the return of the tumor and how if he needed to do surgery again how he could minimize the scarring.  I'll go with door number one.
We'll go back in 2 months to make sure it's just scar tissue.  Meanwhile, we're celebrating.
And we expect to celebrate even more in 2 months.
Chris met with a client and learned Sophie had called him, the client, the previous morning and proceeded to talk to him for 5 minutes.  Maybe we should watch her more closely when she's playing with Chris' Iphone.  She just talked his ear off.  At 7am in the morning.
The silent assassin strikes again.
Needless to say a good laugh coasted us into the weekend.

A weekend of friends, a quick stop at a shower for a sweet couple about to say I do, a birthday party for him, Scott Hennigan.  He's the reason I came to know the Lord.  He gives his life so that others may know Him.  Happy birthday to you.
We made a quick trip to our favorite nursery for pumpkins and pansies.

We've been driving by for weeks, looking and waiting for the tent to go up and for treasures on display.

Fall has arrived and we happily partook in stocking up on our favorites.

Speaking of favorites, last weekend I discovered Pinterest.  For a previous kindergarten teacher, I'm not super crafty.  But that didn't stop Emma and I from settling into the kitchen table with coffee and sweet conversation to the smell of the hot glue gun and cinnamon sticks.

An hour later, I knew about her time at school and what she wants to be when she grows up.  And we had ourselves a wreath.
And that inspired us right into the kitchen.
Cookie Sandwiches.  Enough said.
 Cookie Sandwiches
- use your favorite cookie dough recipe
- add half a bag of caramel Hershey's
- lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet, sprayed with Pam
- spread dough with your hands
Bake @ 375 for 15 minutes or until slightly undercooked

Easy Vanilla Icing
4 c. powdered sugar
4 tbl. softened butter
1 teas. vanilla
5 tbl. whole milk
- mixer on med/low speed until desired consistency

rolling in sprinkles, optional
OU is #1 and it's game day, so crimson sprinkles were in order
but plain is just as scrumptious.
The weekend bliss continues.
I think my favorite part of the weekend is nowhere to be and little babies playing in their jammies all morning long.
The jammies are drenched in syrup soon after cartoons.
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes.
Yes please.
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes 
Follow the Bisquick directions because that's what cheatin' bakers do
swap 1 cup of whipping cream instead of milk
2 tbl. cinnamon
2 teas. baking powder
2 tbl. sugar
1/2 teas. vanilla
2 apples, peeled and grated
deliciousness.

Fully bellies trickled outside to play catch with daddy, serve up dirt and rocks platters, and invite us into their world. 

And we happily obliged.

My mama is here.  I love having her in my home.  Hearing her voice and watching her love on my babies.
Setting off on sweet errands of adventure and fun.
Picnic.  Park.  Campus for game day.
I have blinked and she's almost one.  Mama isn't sure how she feels about this.
Because just the other day she came home from the hospital, packed with fire and tenderness.  And now she's almost three.
And in my mama's heart, she has blinked and her baby is raising babies.  All grown up.
Tonight my heart is giddy because the weekend isn't over just yet.
Tomorrow holds an early birthday celebration for Ali Beth, house church, him being home with us for waffles and sidewalk chalk masterpieces.
Tonight I climbed into bed early.  The day was over and outside, His perfected canvas was ever changing as the oranges melted into purples and pinks.
The perfect ending to weekend bliss.  
Happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment