"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just How We Like It

Every week I see my dad at Panera.  He stands there with saggy jeans on his lean, tiny frame with a denim jacket.  His hands tucked into his pockets, chatting with his regular group of fellas wearing baseball caps.
My daddy has been gone for almost 3 years but every week when Shannon and I meet, I see him and my heart loves to stare.  How can someone else look and have mannerisms just like someone I used to watch and talk to, the man who walked me down the aisle and made silly jokes?
Today, I finally introduced myself.  I told him who he reminds me of, how much I miss him, and how much his presence here each week blesses me deep in my soul.  He hugged me and smiled and asked me to say a quick hello to him from now on.  
Sounds good to me.
Now that's what I consider a fabulous start to the week.  
In addition to our pajama party morning.  Emma and Alice sat in the floor playing with books and puzzles while Sophie (shocker) did her own thing.

After some much needed time at home, we packed up with the lovely Alicia and headed to the Zoo.  We had important agendas of seeing the newly born tigers and of course, the elephants.

As always, the OKC Zoo proudly delivers a fantastic performance sure to delight and bring out immense happiness.

And finding some friends along the way was pretty sweet too.


We found out pumpkin whoopie pies get a little soft and gooey when you throw 'em in a stroller for a few hours at the zoo in my opinion making them even better.  
This is my friend Brooke.  She's just gorgeous, I mean it.  Who can walk around the zoo chasing 2 little ones and still look like a rock star?  Her.
Alicia has lived with us for almost 2 years and funny enough, between the hustle and bustle of life, we don't get to spend a lot of time with her.  She had a day off from work and chose to spend it with us.  She must really love us because I think I would have chosen I'll-stay-home-in-peace-and-quiet for 600, Alex.
Instead she joined us for the day.  Lunch in the car, strollers, snacks, playing at the zoo park, and this.
Pretty sure she and Sophie could have sat on this fence all day long watching the elephants.  And I could too.
This picture was an attempt at a self portrait of Bunny and I.
I look like a mama in this picture, more than usual I think.  I remember years ago watching mamas from the backseat, sipping their coffee, running carpool, passing out snacks, with lines around her cheeks, wrinkles from years of smiles and life.  Sun spots from hours and days outside during toasty summers on long walks, park adventures, afternoon dips in the pool.
And now these babies have a similar view from the backseat.
This view.
But my view is better.
Needless to say, the Zoo was the bomb.
**
More costume parties ensued this week even at dance class.  Sister went as Tinkerbell.
Emma went as, wait for it...Rapunzel.  Our sweet friend Valencia joined us for class and the sugar-overload party afterwards.
I had my weekly hang out in the lobby while she had class.  Watching other mamas with their kiddos and watching the older girls going from class to class, without parents because they are years beyond this season of your-wrinkled-face-mama-waits-at-the-studio-for-you-during-class.
I like my season.  I like it a lot.
Onto even more exciting things like me learning how to fix hair because let's be honest, I need to figure it out and get pretty good at it with all of these girls around here.
Emma wanted her hair curled.
Success.
**
Fall is bringing some major cold and wet our way this week.
We're pumped.  Because he'll be home and there's plenty planned with the perfect ebb and flow of playing at fall festivals, time with sweet friends, syrupy pancake breakfasts with babies, and resting and doing nothing together.

Just how we like it.

1 comment:

  1. Doing nothing...together...are the best moments. We have a lot of days that play out like that. Special memories. Your girls are precious!

    ReplyDelete