"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, October 10, 2011

A Lot of Nothing

We had a great weekend with the perfect blend of doing lots and doing a lot of nothing.

The doing lots part being meeting up with Chris in Dallas for OU/Texas.  I only grabbed a few pics because my babies weren't with me and there weren't a whole lot of moments I needed to document.  We left for the game from our hotel at 6:45am because that's when crazy college football fans get to the game.  It's madness.
Documented.

OU won which made for a happy hubs the rest of the weekend.

The happiness turned into nothingness.  By nothingness I mean just that, we did nothing.

We spent Sunday playing in our pajamas until late afternoon when we gladly layered on sweaters and jeans for church.

Closing out the weekend with pizza and bed time stories.

A day of doing nothing hit the spot.

The nothingness turned into frolicking.  Frolicking through Target.  Some folks come here in search of their amazing selection of organic products.  We come for their candy selection.

The fact that they have an entire isle dedicated to the packaging and selling of processed sugar in just awesome. We strolled and I let Emma "be the mommy" as she pushed the cart and bossed Sophie around. And I followed, listening to young frat boys talk about how baking soda would help their refrigerator smell better and smiled at the sweet older woman stocking up on fruit and maybe some flowers.

Onto campus to visit one of our favorite people.  Alicia.  And lucky us, we ran into Megan.



After our invasion of Starbucks we walked around looking in shops.  Smiling at the adorable clothes, I caught a glimpse of us in this cute, trendy clothing boutique window and laughed at our silhouettes.

Me in my jeans and t-shirt with spit up on my shoulder holding a peanut butter faced baby, my oldest rockin her self dressed get-up, and my middle one slurping her smoothie smeared all over her face.
This is us.  Laughably different from the image in the window.
Which suits us just fine.

At home the first batch of chili was awaiting us.  I've been anticipating this meal, waiting for cooler temperatures with preferable downpours of rain.  Granted.

3- babies-in-the-kitchen-Chili
1 pound beef
1 can of each: black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, chili ready tomatoes
1 package chili seasoning
1 onion
2 cloves garlic 
olive oil 
1-1 1/2 c. water or beef broth
********
- saute chopped onion and garlic on medium heat for a few minutes
- add beef and cook
- throw it all in a crockpot with all the canned stuff on low for 8 hours
(or whenever you no longer have self control due to delicious smells, then eat up)
I'm just sayin'.

We picked up the pace a tiny bit in terms of baking in the kitchen.
Sister whipped up her very own batch of Honey Banana Bread.  For real.  All by herself.
Besides dumping half the bottle of Crisco oil all over the table and floor, she did a fine job.
And it tasted absolutely fabulous.

Well done baby girl.
Speaking of baby girls, this one is cruising.  Into everything.


Our neighbors are the berries.  Hands down, the best neighbors around.  We rallied in the driveway until the sun went down and our babies more than needed a tub of bubbles to wash away the day's adventures.



I'm just nuts about this kid.  For so many reasons.  Reason #1, just cuz.
And this one, she grows up more and more every day.  Wanting more independence and delegation of responsibility.  Wanting me to know she is capable.
And my little mini-me, she's packing extra fire and spunk these days.  She's becoming more verbal and has no hesitation in expressing herself to anyone who will listen.
An evening of wonderful.


This week, a lot of nothing will fade as we pick up the pace for ballet, school, grocery store runs, and Bunny's party.  As we pick back up in speed, I will smile and watch these babies grow.
And when they ask to retreat back to the nest to do nothing, because they remember these once in a blue moon days, mama will smile and welcome the plea with a yes.
A lot of nothing sounds perfect to me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment