"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, November 6, 2011

7 Years

I'm sick.  Which is just nonsense because today is a very special day.

7 years ago I married my dreamy man, making today a happy day of remembrance and trips down memory lane. In a few days we'll slip away to our favorite spot for dinner, Cheever's.  We have much to celebrate.

The hubs is the berries.  It's just that simple.

Just peachy when it comes to loving me and raising these babies.  
I am so thankful.

Thankful he chose me.  I smile when I think about the chilly, fall night years ago when I shook his hand and he smiled back at me and I knew I needed him in my forever.

Happy Anniversary to you.
Even if you've spent the day taking care of Alice and the mama.  
**
The weekend began as fabulously as it ended.
With jammied babied bodies cruising around the house.

This little one just melts my heart each morning.  Sister shimmies in her crib, the pacifier bobbles, and she cuddles her lovie, waiting for mama to scoop her up with good morning songs and kisses.  She's extra kissable in the morning.

We kept is light and simple, balanced with time at home, cozied up in our nest.  And time away frolicking until our heart's delight.  


We even found ourselves an unexpected savored moment of conversation over an afternoon bowl of pasta.  
Just because.  
These moments are heaven sent.  One of the many reasons why the weekend was just lovely.



We met up with Chris at the tent and enjoyed our version of game day fun.  
Which means we ate barbeque until we almost burst, and maybe a few peanuts too.







And our hearts skipped a beat when we hugged and greeted not 1 but 4 Chic-Fil-A cows.
Celebrity status for sure.

But we weren't done just yet.

We needed to grab a few things so we said farewell to daddy and headed to Target.
We piddled and talked, we snacked on samples and grabbed a new wreath since my sweet cinnamon stick crafty one didn't survive the front door mayhem.
As we were checking out, we smelled it.  Cold Stone.
And I did what any responsible mother would do...
I said yes.


Baby girl was a fan.

Back at the nest our friends the Holmes' came to visit.  As always, a blessing to have them in our home and to see the Lord's healing power and sustaining grace in their son, Gage.  In years past, this visit brought a tired little boy to our house, weak from the chemo and medications.  Too tired to last longer than a quarter at the game. This year, he is healthy and strong.
And he knows it.
We enjoyed our friends, nibbled on french toast and caught up on life.  We said our goodbyes and trickled back inside.
And back outside too.

I am grateful.  Even though the presence of stomach viruses have made their way into the nest, nothing will distract or remove the joy that has filled our hearts.
7 years and 3 babies later, we are blessed beyond measure.
And the thought of cozying up in a booth with the hubs over our favorite food will soon be here.  We've got some celebrating to do and celebrate we will.

Bunny agrees.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Chick-Fil-A, Cold Stone, fun memories and
    special times! Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Dokes - Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was memorable and I hope you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete