"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fabulousness for the Taking

The weekend did not disappoint.  
Fabulousness for the taking.
And we happily partook.  
Our sweet friends the Noles' invited us to the lake with a few other families for a weekend of fun, family style.  It took us all of 5 seconds to decide yes.
Sister set up camp and made herself at home, beginning with a clutter of dishes that needed to be washed.  And Laura revealed her kitchen at her house back at home is, in fact, pink.  
So after dishes were dried, Emma made some plans to come to her house for some baking in pink.

I knew we were in for a feast of a wonderful weekend.
And like any wonderful weekend, the time slipped away and no one bothered to search for it.
No schedules or responsibilities.  Nowhere to be and the pace revolved around meals.
It was simply delightful.
Daddies were reminiscing of years ago of their independence and lake adventures.  Now, strapping in kiddos for a terrain climb on the mule creating new memories and sweet moments for little hearts.

Ity bity ones stayed behind to the mamas' delight.  We caught up, exchanging stories of bed time routines and favorite recipes.  We laughed and smiled, watching our babies.

I could just nibble her to bits.
I love watching him with his princesses, especially the youngest lovie.  I love how she stares up at him and giggles at his voice.
And I just love how he looks right back at her.
Truly, every moment was just simply wonderful.

                            Miss Molly.  Cutest.  Ever.
Yep.  She belongs to me.






My beautiful friend Shannon.  The fabric of her parenting is intentionality.  Truly, she loves her children so well and those little nuggets know it.  This is her youngest, Cambelle Grace.
I could gobble this little cutie pie right up too.

And I took full advantage and kissed that baby every chance I had.



Seriously.  I just can't get enough of her.
All good things must eventually pause for the moment.
We love our weekends and are sad to see them go, but the week ahead is calling our names.
We'll have that served up too.  Gladly.
We'll picnic and play.
 And welcome unexpected visitors.

And even though the rain shortened our picnic, and Bear has the sickies, and my kids were the ones melting down in Target, we are grateful.
Grateful and happy to take full advantage of retreating back to the nest.
Because cider and biscuits with butter and honey do make everything all better.

Farewell wonderful weekend.  We enjoyed every last bite.
Hello week to come, your goodness is ready for the tasting.

Happy Monday.

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful time we had together... more, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love schedules revolving around meals. YAY! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete