Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pregnant.

I was the crazy lady in Target with a cart full of groceries, 3 kids...and a pregnancy test.

I've been a little nauseous and really tired.  So while I unloaded groceries and mediated disputes over toys, a color scheme was brewing in the next room.

2 pink lines.

2 pink lines.


Enter the biggest surprise ever!
This is when wives should be creative.  Wrap the test in a bow and wait to give it to him upon his arrival from work.  Maybe bake some cookies and write the #4 in icing.  Maybe drive to his office and tell him in some creative and spontaneous way.

I called him repeatedly, 7 times until he called back.

You okay, babe?


Yes.  I'm pregnant.


Are you serious?


Oh yes.  I'm serious.


He was home within an hour.

We're pregnant.

Alice's face here is priceless.

We are overjoyed.  We are grateful.  We are surprised...very surprised.  We are happy to begin his or her story, their journey into our hearts and into this world.

Some day I will tell him or her, how a few weeks ago I asked the Lord to show His glory, whatever that may be.  More babies, no babies, adoption.

Oh Father, we give you all of the glory.

I will tell this little one how He blessed us in the sweetest way.
Come August, we will welcome this little one.  For now, sweet celebration is in order for our precious #4.

We're having a baby!

18 comments:

  1. SO exciting! You are the best momma ever, I can't believe it is already #4! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, you are a wonderful mama.... So excited that such amazing people are bringing another life into the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Megan! That's SUCH exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh! Can't believe it!! Can't wait to welcome another little Doke!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Congrats!!! Soooo excited for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! What a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan..I am so excited for you! Woo..hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Megan! So excited for you guys! It's always a great time to have a baby is our motto!!! Blessings! Kourtney

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! What a blessing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! That makes two Doke babies I still need to meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Soooo happy for you! The best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think you really know me, I know Chris from Young Life. He gave the talks at Westmoore while I was a leader. Anyhow, I stumbled upon your blog and I love it. I can't believe you are pregnant. I just had my 3rd son and I feel as if I share an imaginary bond with anyone with 3 of the same gender children... but this may not be you any longer. You are a great writer and I enjoy following your family's story. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete