"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Good News for the Taking {Alice Update}

Almost a year ago next month, our Bunny started getting sick with her slow draining belly and a tumor growing in her eyebrow.  We were given microscopic views into the world of Children's hospitals, doctor appointments, medications, tests, and surgery.

Our gratitude and perspective immensely pushes us to contend for those families who fight for their babies daily and we stand grateful for every milestone, well-child check up, and daily growth.
There's no way to share Ali's healing and progress without shouting from the roof tops of His miraculous power to grow a baby by a pound over night, to make doctors change their minds of the severity of a diagnosis, and to change plans of treatments for our precious one.

We met with our surgeon today for a tumor site recheck and full body scan for tumors.  At one point our doctor thought Alice could have a genetic disorder producing many problems including multiple tumors and therefore multiple operations to remove the tumors.  She is his youngest patient to ever have this type of tumor.

Today, we are overcome with joy.  Dr. El Amm has found no signs of the tumor coming back and her body is tumor free.  That has a nice ring to it, so I'll say it again.  Tumor free.
The original plan of yearly tumor scans has been cancelled.  We will not be returning to his office as today is our last appointment.

Bring it on.

My heart swells with emotion.
I want to cry, laugh, scream, eat a cream pie, do a back flip into a pool of marshmallows.  You know, crazy fun stuff.  I want it all.  Because the dance He is writing in my heart cannot be contained.  The heart of a parent so crazy in love, so thankful to close this chapter.
I've lost it.  Completely.

The next step, we'll meet with her GI doctor next month.   She no longer vomits and loves to eat anything in sight...Pad Thai, peppers, spaghetti, chili, ham, cheese sticks.  Seriously this kid is a rock star.  She gobbles it up like a linebacker, I expect we will be released from seeing them as well.

There are so many things about this week I want to write and share.
How my girl fell asleep in the car after ballet, in her boots and leg warmers.  How Sister's face looked when she talked to her daddy on the phone, smacking her gum and rattling on about her day.  How my hubs loves me and brings me Bueno on a weekly basis now.  How Alicia loves on my babies and sings songs with them at the breakfast table.

Moments to drink in and know the unexplainable joy in the every day, in the secret places.  The victories, the failures.  The gulps of grace and forgiveness, laughter and wonder.

Heart swells to come.

Because today, it's good news for the taking.  And a celebration is in order.

..."And they will lay hands on the sick and they will be healed."
Mark 16:18

5 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!!! celebrating God's power and goodness with you meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Celebrations indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!!!!! I'm so happy for all of you. God is sooo GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried! I'm so happy for the good report! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!!!so so so excited for you all and going to "release this testimony" to all my arab friends!

    ReplyDelete