"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, January 7, 2012

There You Be

There you be.

Sounds like something a sweet, wrinkled grandma would say as she peels potatoes next to her knitting needles and thread.

There's a lot of change going on right now.  And in the life's swirls of finding out we're pregnant, buying a house, selling our house and choosing our doctor's wisdom to forgo hiking around Colorado a few weeks before delivery, I find myself craving the moments of just being.

And all the while I hear Him whispering to me there you be.

That the meals still need to be cooked, diapers need changing, house needs cleaning, laundry needs washing.  Babies need cuddling and prompt responses to their pleas watch me mama, watch me.





The every day doesn't pause or relent which ever so pushes me with the gentle reminder to choose to just be.  Be in His presence, choose His peace and rest.

Be present in her proud creations.

Be present in the bickering and moments where learning is taking place.

Be anchored into His truth of unspeakable peace when I watch her and know we're behind and other babies are passing her.  Our pediatrician confirmed that our Alice is behind both verbally and physically.  She's not standing on her own, taking steps, or talking...yet.  The next step is contacting Sooner Start for a few evaluations.  We have many friends who speak so highly of this organization and we welcome the answers and growth that will come.

My sweet girl, she just needs some tender help to bring her to the places I know the Lord desires for her.  And next week when she goes in for a tumor site check and full body scan for tumors, we will continue to rejoice when they say she is tumor free and released.

And I whisper in her ear there you be, Little One.

There you be.


In the perfect place you can be, in His arms and sweet plans.

The weekend has just begun and is already serving up goodness and fun.  My mama is in town, and that's always a blessing to us.  An early breakfast with a dear friend, watching my girls dress themselves for a birthday party, a celebration tonight of marriage and true love.









We are thankful.

Lord, You are gracious and compassionate, that You would pour out your lovingkindness on us and bring us storehouses of moments to stop and drink in the many moments given to us.

There you be.

2 comments:

  1. I just absolutely love reading your words. Your sweet ones are so blessed to have you as their momma. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was on my calendar for today "God is at work creating beauty, restoring life, and preparing all things to blossom in His perfect time."
    Your little one will blossom in His perfect timing!!

    ReplyDelete