"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend at the Nest

This weekend we spent lots of time around the nest.  And as much as I crave the pace and love going from one thing to the next, the wave of being home settled in just right.



Bunny had the sickies and wanted to be held and cuddled a lot.  She stayed in her jammies and went from nap to nap.  Mama wasn't feeling well either, my growing peanut is shifting my pace and priorities for each day.  I feel the productivity and standards have lowered slightly, okay a lot, sometimes the goal simply being not to throw up the meal just consumed.  My hubs has rallied in a very stud-muffin-hunk-a-burning-man type fashion.  This weekend he took the older girls on errands, to get groceries, and buy packing boxes.  He even made some scrambled eggs and sugar cookies.  I laugh when I think about what used to sweep me off my feet, like a bouquet of roses or a Hallmark card.  Now, when that man comes through the back door with groceries in hand and follows up with a trip to Bueno, I am carried away.

Nicely done.

Needless to say, the slower pace made for simplicity and ease.  I watched my babies a lot, cataloguing their little quirks and preferences.  Almost knowing what they were going to say before their little mouth opened.  We spent hours outside on family walks, took extra long bubble baths, served Campbell's soup in mugs, watched movies, made spaghetti.

A weekend at the nest was calling our names.









My Sophie Lynn, a package of impulsivity and independence.  She wants to dress herself now.  Most days, she wears the same shirt until I peel it off of her and wash it, which is usually accompanied by whining and hysterics.  She beams with pride and satisfaction that she in fact did it all by herself, and backwards.  I love it.

My Rose will be 5 years old tomorrow.  How did that happen?  I am loving being a part of her world, knowing what she loves and how she dreams.  I asked her teacher a few weeks ago if she was trying to run the classroom.  The teacher smiled and in a quiet voice said, Oh no, she doesn't want to run the classroom...she wants to run the world.

Yes.  That would be the Bear, in full force.

And then there's Miss Beth.  She said Da Da today out of nowhere and to no one.  But we'll take it.  We screamed and cheered, applauding her efforts.  I know she will come in on her own timing, the Lord's perfect timing just for her.  Meanwhile, I do my best not to kiss her a thousand times a day.  Let's be honest, I fail quite regularly.



Whether we want it to or not, the slow pace must pick back up.  School, birthday celebrations, house appraisals and inspections, ballet, dinner, laundry.  It must all be scooped back up and put on the burner for the week.  There is much to be done.

We enjoyed this weekend.  I sit here thinking about each layer to our time together and I smile.







Because it was lovely and wonderful.

Our weekend at the nest.


1 comment: