"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, February 18, 2012

We Carry On

Well, we are week one into the adventure of living with the Ho's, our dear friends.  Last week we moved out of our home, sold it to the sweetest family.  We closed on our new home and a few hours later, construction began for creating space and updating.  We are grateful and overjoyed at the generosity of our friends to open their home and invite us in.

There is much to process with adjustments and change, all with 3 little ones asking for home and unsure abstract concepts such as a new house is coming but it's not ready yet.

The hard part comes when you're having one of those days, only you're not home.  In someone else's brand new home, a kiddo clogged up the toilet after she pooped her pants.  A few hours later she hardly made it to the potty and peed on the floor.  Alice is sick, I had to cancel her hearing screening and take her to the doctor for antibiotics.

To top it all off, I couldn't operate their fancy can opener.  It just wasn't happening.
So I did what any 30 year old pregnant mama does, I cried.  I stood, in someone else's kitchen, and I cried over not being able to open a can of black beans.

By the way, Meg's Lazy Enchiladas are a life saver for days like this.  Tortillas, can of Rotel, can of black beans, can of enchilada sauce, left over rotisserie chicken and some shredded cheese.  Try it some time, just don't cry about it like I did.

The question I've had a lot this week, in addition to the you're-living-where?-you-must-be-crazy looks and insinuations, is the simple yet loaded question of How's it going?  It's going and we are blessed beyond measure.
It's the can opener and the can of black beans moments now on display for another family to see.
I can deal.

But I'll admit, I miss this.

And I really miss this.

And as much as I'm grateful for our blowup mattress, I miss this...a lot.

The same weekly tasks carry on, only now you arrange and schedule out who showers when and what day you need to do laundry.  And you laugh when you're digging through tubs every morning to get ready and learn new balance to gracefully dismount out of the blowup mattress instead of falling on the floor.

We carry on.

Babies have ballet and performances certainly worthy of applause, flowers, and lunch to our favorite deli.







We even ran into our friend Amy during lunch.  It's a small town thing, you'll always see someone you know or in Sophie's case, someone's lap to climb into.

Family Nights on Friday have double in size, which means more Shuttle and even more fun.

Trips to the new house watching teams of folks come in and work their magic.  I desperately wanted to pick up a sledgehammer and knock down some walls, no one thought that was a good idea.

My girl has rocked it this week in therapy.

She's had therapy twice this week in addition to having the sickies causing further infection on her sweet little face.  She'll even try to cover her mouth when she coughs.  What a scrumptious little morsel she is.

 And it's this moment that just levels me.  I love to sneak and catch him loving on his babies like no one else is around.  In a few months he'll have 4 little faces, 4 little princesses to pamper and soak in love and affection.  I can't think of anyone better.
The week delivered plenty of moments wrapped in His sweetness and our gratitude of this traveling family.


We're getting settled into this new season, week one has passed, only 6 more to go.





Happy weekend wherever your home may be.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!!! Love, Love the one of Chris and Alice, precious! I don't think a little sledgehammer work would harm anything... especially on those uncooperative can opener days;)

    ReplyDelete