"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, March 5, 2012

Choosing Joy

I had a little bit of a rough week.  Nothing major, just hard.
Week 4 into living with our wonderful friends.  The blowup mattress and I are no longer friends, I swiped Emma's bed and she's now kicking Chris all night.  Alice wasn't having therapy this week, Sister threw up her white flag in protest and cried the entire time and I almost cried along with her, in addition to her therapist saying she needs strong orthotics in her socks.  Sophie got a double ear infection and pink eye.  She passed pink eye onto her sisters and I'm finishing up a beloved Zpak for a sinus infection.  I've since had more can opener incidents when tears come unwarranted but I just can't keep 'em in, and it makes no sense, and I still can't get the darn can to open.

All is well, it's all in perspective.

We choose joy.
We celebrate the victories like when my girl said mama.  She was sitting in her highchair, eating some Cheerios and out came the sweetest sound.  Mama.  I flipped and she hasn't stopped saying it.  She's up to 3 words now, my girl, and we are so proud.
Spring is here and we're happily relishing in different things this season, enjoying things like...

Living out of tubs
Criteria has changed for dressing my babies every day.  Matching or even weather appropriateness is no longer.  If it's clean, well, mostly clean, it's worn.  It's brought a sweet simplicity to the day of living on less and realizing how much we really don't need. 
Boo agrees.
Birthday for mama
I turned 31 this past week.  Shannon started my day with chocolate chip muffins and in between were sprinklings of sweet phone calls and texts, fresh flowers, and dinner with the hubs.  Don't kid yourselves, mama downed a steak, taters, and slice of chocolate amaretto cake.  Happy berfday to me.

Family Life with the Ho's
We're at times ships passing in the night, but other times, we meet up for some fun and grub.
Tonight's menu, Shannon's Sloppy Joes.  I'll be honest, I could have just stood over the skillet and eaten out of the pan with a shovel.
 Sloppy Joes
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, finely diced
3/4 c. ketchup
2 tbl. BBQ sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
- brown your beef
- add the remaining ingredients
- simmer for 20-30 minutes
 - wait as heavenly scents fill your kitchen preferably to the sounds of a sweet baby's laughter
 And then enjoy.
This sweet morsel
I could just nibble on her, just a little bit.  She's the sweetest thing to me.  I love her quiet trance when she wakes up from a nap and just sits still, watching the room operate and interact.
And she falls more in love with her daddy every day.  He can't get enough of her either.  She's edible, it's just that simple.

Generosity of friends
Our friends the Hartsock's were out of town this past weekend and offered their house to us.  It felt like a mini vacation.  We lost track of time, babies played outside until the sun went down and cool air swept in.  It was a wonderfully delightful weekend indeed.


My Bear
This girl blesses me.  Early one morning, she slipped to where I was sleeping, sensing I was sick.  She whispered...
What hurts mama?  I replied with my throat and nose.
That baby laid her hands on my and began praying for God to heal me and take away my pain in His mighty name.
Heart swells indeed.
His grace is sufficient and His power is made perfect in weakness.

Well, I'm giving Him plenty to work with right now.
I'm learning.

I'm ingesting the truth that we already have the victory.  That we can laugh at the plans of the enemy and tell him his place, that he's already lost, regardless of what he's serving up.

We're choosing His joy.
That, and being blessed to observe the fearless, carefree, wonder of my babies.  They're onto something and I'll have some, please.

Happy week to you!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for sweet Alice! Love this post Meg...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete