"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Last Weekend

Well, we're in the home stretch.

This is our last weekend of living with several sets of friends and invading their houses with our crew, or what I like to call, the traveling circus.  We're doing it up right, no worries.  Maybe some donuts, maybe some pancakes drenched in syrup, followed by some cartoons and Pioneer Woman.  Playing outside, running errands, chasing babies, getting haircuts.



Oh, and a belly pic.  She's a growing little nugget.

We kicked off our weekend with a park date with some friends.  The rain finally stopped, the sun came out bringing sun-kissed cheeks and shedding of jackets.

Mamas chatted while babies played and had lunch.  The smell of peanut butter and jelly to the sounds of giggles and pleas to jump in fountains.









Pure delight for all.

We had some celebrating to do too.  The hubs' birthday.  Every year he has simple requests for his special day.  No gifts, just dinner with the kids, and a yellow cake with chocolate icing.  And he doesn't want the homemade from scratch cake, he wants the grocery story boxed cake.  Easy peasy, totally doable.  Your wish is granted.  The girls even helped frost the cake.

We're going for a rustic look, of course.  Sister got icing behind her ears.  How does this happen?

I love this man.  I mean I really like him.  There's all of the big stuff I am grateful for but it's the little things wrapped up each day that sweep me off my feet.
The man calls me 15 times a day.
He rarely gets irritated with me, and I'm really irritating.
He speaks kindly to me.

He's the man who pouts and tears up with his wife in an ultrasound room when joy surrounds the walls but in the midst of it, she still misses her own daddy and wishes he was here.
He's the dad who dances with his girls and brings out the tickle monster when necessary.
The man who 7 years ago reached over to shake my hand, forever changing my world, and hasn't stopped his pursuit.

He's the berries.  Simple as that.
Happy birthday to you.

Our appetite for our home is brewing, but we're enjoying this last weekend.









Helping Laura get ready.
Tonight, we tucked in tired babies that smelled of sunscreen and hours spent outside.  For sure, all dreaming of next weekend when we'll wake up in our own home. 
 

Soon enough little ones, soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Ah great post! Happy belated Doke! Love the hair cuts and I can't believe how long Ali's hair is getting... love the lil curls it gets in those chubby little necks:) Enjoy your last week!!

    ReplyDelete