"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Progress of All Sorts

We've had a fabulous week.  Dabbling in a little of everything from practicalities to spontaneous fun at the movies.  Much to do and so many little helpers to assist along the way.

Our house is coming right along.  I haven't been able to go in lately because of the fumes.  So today, I finally strolled in for happy gasps and deep excitement that our house is almost finished.
Before

After in progress

I laugh to myself when I think about our house.  I made few decisions about this house, Chris and I made some decisions about this house, but a good deal of the choices fell under the category of "make it pretty".  Our contractor Greg would ask me about various things, such as the columns, the trim, the kitchen layout.
What casing are you wanting?
How do you want kitchen drawers and cabinets?
What's your preference on the pantry layout?
Crown molding preferences?


I'll be honest, I chose paint colors, kitchen cabinet knobs and faces, wood floors, carpet color, and bathroom tile.  Other than that, I yielded most choices to Greg.  I shared vision, my craving for hosting friends, the efficiency needed for nightly cooking, and the high traffic of 4 kids slipping into the kitchen for baking adventures.  And then I said the reigns are his...don't call me, no need to ask, just make it pretty.  The funny thing is that if you know me, this goes against how I operate on a daily, hourly basis.  I like plans, I like control, I like having a say, I like mapping things out in detail.  You'd think I've gone done near lost my mind, maybe I have.  But it's working.

Before

After in progress

Before

After in progress

Soon our home will be ready and we will merrily pile into our new digs.  For now we're happily back at the Waggoner's for just a little while longer and they are simply wonderful to us.





Over the weekend, we did make a new favorite discovery that is sure to become a regular recipe in the Doke kitchen.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies made with cake mix, undercooked as always.

Meg's Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
1 box chocolate cake mix (whatever kind you have)
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped pecans (the hubby's favorite)
- mix it all up
- use an ice cream scoop to plop 'em on a greased cookie sheet
- bake @ 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes and enjoy!

And I have saved the best for last, we had a second ultrasound for the usual screenings, measurements, and confirmation of gender.  I am in awe.  The little nugget is perfectly healthy, measuring on track, and yes it's confirmed, she will be joining our house of pink this summer.  What's a mama to do?  Celebrate with a breakfast date with the hubs, complete with blueberry granola pancakes and a sweet discussion on names for our baby girl.
Oh happy day!

A gracious gift is being grown by her Maker, a house is almost finished, and a family chalked full of new lessons and plenty of memories is waiting for a season to close.  Eager anticipation of new horizons awaits.
Progress of all sorts to wrap us in gratitude and joy.

3 comments:

  1. The new house is looking fabulously! It's so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Meg... The house is stunning. So sweet to see the Lord's provision in all areas... home, baby #4, and the list goes on. He will provide sweet memories and sweet days of refreshment as the spring approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, glad to hear baby girl #4 is doing well and growing strong! House looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete