"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We're home.  We have moved into our new house.  It's glorious!

The week ended at the Waggoner's with perfected mud pies, Bunny grabbing naps in the car whenever possible, and a field trip on the train with Emma's school.  The day before moving, a perfect time for mama to head out of town for the day.  At least Bear thought so.





Life didn't stop amidst the move.  The weekend was full of the regular stuff, the move being the most important priority.
First let me say I cannot take credit for any of this.  Instead, I must express our immense gratitude to the Ho's, the Waggoner's, and the Hartsocks, all friends who hosted us the past few months.  We've had so much help I don't know where to begin.



Friends who have kept my kids, some even over night.  Friends spending their Saturday night to come help set up and organize.

My mama will be coming from Tulsa to help keep babies and unpack.  We are thankful and blessed to have so much help.  Kuddos to our stud muffin crew, we are more than grateful for each of you.

I'll give you the tour as if you have stepped into our home.  All work was done by amazing sub contractors and crews, if you're looking for a contractor, just holler, we know a good one.



Come on over, welcome...

Entry/Living Room Before




After






Front Room Before

Front Room After



Sunroom Before

Sunroom After



Kitchen Befores and Afters







Breakfast Area Before

Breakfast Area After



Utility Room Before

Utility Room After



Utility Bath Before


Utility Bath After






Master Bedroom Before

Master Bedroom After

The upstairs is another story.  Beds and cribs are set up, but it's a maze of boxes and tubs.  My sweet mama is coming tomorrow, more before and after pics to come soon.  She's a machine, it will be incredible.

My green thumb is itching to get outside and get some dirt flyin'.  I'm spying a nap time next week when babies are sawing logs for me to skip outside and make a mess.  I could do this all day long.

We will soon ditch the hot tub and the coy pond.  Too many mouths to feed and bottoms to wipe, mama doesn't have time to be scooping out moss and maintaining a hot tub.

We've learned a lot in this short season.  We've learned our friends are amazing and brave, allowing us to invade their homes and leave our junk all over their houses.  Each host family left their mark and I made sure to grab a little piece of each of them at the store.  Hand soap from the Wagg's, Tide from Hartsock's, and Ranch packets from the Ho's.
It's the little things.

For now, windows will be opened.  Fresh flowers will be purchased, I will contain myself at the local green nursery, watch babies play barefoot in the dewed grass, and I will sip coffee from my own mug, in my own kitchen.  We've been eyeing PW's Chicken Parmigiana pasta for dinner, little hands will happily help prepare for tonight after a long walk.
Home sweet home.

1 comment:

  1. i am so overcome w happiness for you guys! God is so good! it was so wonderful to have you live with us and i am sad you are gone... but super glad you are cozying up in your new (beautiful!!) home. love you...

    ReplyDelete