"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Phone Dump First

As of late, our summer pace has slowed just a bit.  The normal ebb and flow of being home and being on the go has the pendulum swinging more towards the home front.  My Bella stirred things up a bit near the end of the week, bringing some contractions 10 minutes apart.  Orders were given to get off my feet and take it easy, a little hard to accomplish with 3 babies but I'm a rules follower, so we did just that for a few days.  
It amazes me how they roll with it and don't scale the walls like I think they will and minus some extra bickering among little ladies, it's relatively peaceful.


My friend Kerri dropped off some movies, doctor's orders you know, and a suggested new recipe for chocolate chip cookies.  Who knew 2 teaspoons of cornstarch could reveal such a fabulous cookie I didn't think could possibly be improved.  
A pleasant surprise.
These cookies are amazing, I lost track of how much dough I consumed.
A tasty treat to nibble on as the weekend approached.

Being told to take it easy by my doctor and nurse, the hubs was left alone to complete the task of cleaning out the garage and completing the final touches of unpacking and sorting through boxes.
I played with babies while my hunk-a-burning-man worked for hours.  I love this man.  I love it when he kicks into gear this ultra organized crazed side of him wanting order and not stopping until the job is done just right.

We played and watched him work, trickling inside for relief from the heat, maybe a few cookies, and a tiny project of our own.
A count down for our girl.
As summer continues to come to a close, we are loving us some time together and sweet time with friends.  I discovered the hipstamatic app thanks to my brother Rod and happily used it to capture these little ones relishing in summer, each in her own way.  

Happy to use the phrase, a phone dump...


Spontaneous date night with daddy.
Swimming with friends.
A few errands around town with sun kissed littles.

Lots of time around home, letting mama take it easy.

 A night of swimming and an outdoor movie at Lolli and Champ's.


 More time at home.

 Church picnic.
Backyard swimming and BBQ's with friends.

And last night we tucked in babies way past bed time.  Little bodies smelling of sunscreen and bug spray with lips sticky from snow cones and treats.  Drifting off to sleep smiling at the memories made while beginning the lists of to-do's that have piled up and must be done amidst the choices all weekend to ignore and instead play.
Summer's stamp of groggy, slow moving mornings has made its appearance once again.  Little girls tip toeing downstairs waking up tired mamas and daddies.  Little puffy eyes and scratchy voices ask for breakfast and cuddles.  
Today will be low key catching up on piles of laundry, grocery lists, and other things waiting to be crossed off the list.  Somewhere inside I secretly like these days as much as the fun ones.  They carry their own sense of sweetness and fun.
Whether your to do list is work or play, happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment