"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, August 20, 2012

A Few Weeks

Our sweet one is 2 weeks old.  
I watch her little body sleep, her tiny chest rise and fall breathing in.  My heart never wants to forget how she curls up to sleep on my chest with little legs tucked under her body so tightly.  Her little smiles in her rest.  All of it, I'm just a mess over every little thing she does.

She is, altogether scrumptious.
We are settling into this new season of 4 littles.  The norms of little ones adjusting, mama learning new measures of patience, and how the every day carries on, sometimes beautifully and other times not so much.
Chris went back to work a week ago and in the meantime, we have rallied.  Friends and family coming to see our Belle, bringing gifts and dropping of meals.  Surrounded by love and kindness.
From the lovely Laura Waggoner.
Flowers picked for me by my Bear, just because.
Coupled with the realities of tantrums for attention and my least favorite challenge, the stomach bug.  

We're learning.
Learning I love my new view of trailing behind this crew of a daddy and his princesses.

Learning re-entry into life is doable.

Doable and a bit different, but wonderful just the same.  Trying to remember wisdom from mamas ahead in this journey who once softly said to me, don't wish yourself into the next season.
Don't wish and say "As soon as they can take a pacifier, then..."
"As soon as she is sleeping well, then..."
"As soon as they're all out of diapers, then..."

No wishes for the next season but instead embracing and gratitude for the tiny gift before me.

The same goes for the other little ones in the house.  This perspective and truth reflect His heart and vision into my soul, into the tired moments of the day, into my moments of weakness as a mother that seem to come much more frequently these days.



Because the truth is any mama knows the gifts bestowed to her.  The tiny treasures in her care to raise up and call out the destiny He has so perfectly crafted for them.



I am learning.
One day at a time, sometimes hour by hour.  Finding balance between choosing sacrifice over ease with knowing when to rest and retreat to the nest.  Drinking in deep the last week of summer before fall settles in.
A few weeks into our new chapter and already there is much to take in, much to be thankful for, much to learn and reflect.  So much in so little time.

We are grateful.

..."Your peace is the melody with You singing over me, now.
There will be a victory with You singing over me, now.
Your peace is the melody with You singing over me, now."

~All Sons and Daughters (iTunes)

2 comments:

  1. so so happy for your family!!! she is just beautiful and you are such a precious mama. Your little princesses are so blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post....Love those pictures of Bella and her very proud sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete