"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, October 15, 2012

A Nomination, Nothin' Fancy

It's Monday.  I love Mondays.



The weekend memories are still lingering like a fabulous aftertaste from rich dessert.  The week's tasks are ahead, beeping at me from my iCal, tripping me on the laundry floor, and hollering from outside that they need more glitter for their pumpkins.  Nothing fancy going on around here, just the norm.

The beautiful norm has been ordered up.



A little fun on the menu, my sweet friend Sara Gae has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award.  You can read her amazing stylish blog here and if you know her, well then you know how lovely she is.

11 Things About Me...
1.  I think peanut butter is hands down the BEST invention.  Ever.
2.  I met my hubs on a blind date; I didn't want to go, went late, and without make up.
3.  I love to wakeboard.
4.  My degree is in Early Childhood Education and I've taught 3 different grades.
5.  I've had 4 babies in 5 years.
6.  I ate a sleeve of Oreos an hour before my wedding.
7.  I've been to 4 countries in Africa and I'm forever changed because of my time there.
8.  I love being a mom, I've wanted babies since I was 15.
9.  I met Kevin Spacey in high school and told him he scared the poo out of me in Seven.  He was gracious and took a picture with me.
(Paige Bothwell, you remember?!?!?)
10.  If you get me on a soccer field, I have a temper.
11.  I've seen the movie You've Got Mail probably over 100 times.









Sara's Questions for me...
1.  Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to document my family's life as a photo album and journal, but more than that, I want mamas to be encouraged and empowered by the Truth that Jesus meets us in the places we invite Him into!  The diapers, tantrums, laundry, cooking, carpools, and the entrusted royalty we've been given...that we can do it in His power!
2.  Where do you hope to see yourself professionally/personally or both in 10 years?
Professionally, ha!  I don't think I'll be back in the classroom ever again.  Personally, I hope to have grown as a wife, mama, friend, daughter, and sister.
3.  What or who is your greatest inspiration in life?
His JOY and GRACE inspire me!
4.  What is the best advice you ever received?
Marce' Hennigan (on parenting little girls) "You're not going to be perfect, so release that.  As long as you own your crap with your kids and say you're sorry, you'll be okay."
5.  If money were no object, where would you take a vacation without kids and with kids?
I'd grab that hunk-a-burning-man of mine and go sit on the beach somewhere where the huts are on stilts over the ocean.  Then maybe take my girls and the hubs on an African safari.
6.  If given a free afternoon that you HAD to spend alone, what would you do?
I'd take a nap, go for a nice long run preferably with the weather in the 40's, and then wander around Target aimlessly.
7.  What is your favorite book?
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, her blog is life altering.
8.  Cook or order in?  Favorite recipe or thing to order in?
Order in, baby!  I love pizza, I know it's lame.
9.  What are your hobbies?
Baking, running, and chasing babies.
10.  What is the best meal you ever had?
Multnomah Falls 6 years ago, sitting near the water falls in a tavern, a turkey sandwich with cranberries on it and baked potato soup.
11.  Do you think being a mom has changed you and if so, how?
Oh yes it has forever changed me in so many ways.  I think the biggest change is the 360 degree mirror my babies provide, revealing my selfishness and ugliness.  The chance to be rescued by grace.




Martha Stewart's recipe for Banana Muffins and Honey Cinnamon Icing...yes please.
Sara asked me to nominate a few more blogs.  I am happy to nominate 4 dear friends and proud to introduce you to their blogs...
-Danielle's blog is so wonderfully sweet.  "Being Bassets" gives readers a glimpse into family life and new adventures on the Paleo diet.
-Ashley's blog is so genuinely beautiful.  "Our Invincible Summers" is the heart of a mama sharing her journey with eloquence and transparency.
-Jenn's blog is rich in Truth.  "Learning All the Way" shimmers with Godly perspective and the joy of heaven!
-Mary's blog is adventurous!  "Caldwell Adventures" is the life of a missional family in the Middle East.



Nominee's, now it's your turn.
Write 11 things about yourself, answer the following questions, and nominate no more than 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and draft 11 questions for them to answer.
Here are your questions!
1.  Why did you begin blogging?
2.  If you could play the part of an actress in a movie, who would you be? (i.e. I would play Kate Hudson in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days)
3.  Favorite thing to bake?
4.  Favorite movie of all time?
5.  How long have you been married and what's the best thing about your hubs?
6.  What was your first job ever?
7.  The last book you read was...
8.  What would be your dream vacation and who would you take?
9.  If you could meet one celebrity, who would you meet and what's one question you'd ask them?
10.  If you could eat only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
11.  Do you think being a mama has changed you and if so, how?

Well there you have it, a little taste of me.

A nomination and a few pics from the week and weekend.
 Nothin' fancy.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the nomination! Well deserved:) Can't wait to see the pictures of your precious family!

    ReplyDelete