"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, November 2, 2012

Fall, an Encore

Without question fall is my favorite season.  
I love the weather, the changing leaves, the anticipation of the holidays.  The fabulous performance of a much welcomed change in season.  
 Fall continues to deliver.  Applause is needed.

This past week we've been a family.  We've adjust to change in the hub's new job.  We've filled this house with girlfriends and baked till our heart's content.  We've skipped through parking lots with super hero capes flying behind us, and we've celebrated friend's birthdays and babies to come.
We've gladly caught up with precious friend, the lovely Jamie.  One of the first friends I made when I moved here.  She welcomed me into her family.  She welcomed me into a world that would become my home.  
She is altogether, the berries and we miss her so.


Fall, an encore.

A week in pictures...
for Monica and baby Neely 

With sweet friends Millie, Alex, and Ella.

Bunny.
Sweet baby, sister took a hard fall and moved some teeth around.  Our dentist and pediatrician have been wonderful, thorough, and so careful with our girl.
All is well, she is healing.

Oh how I love this baby.



The night of the neighborhood Halloween party, a few of us went down in flames from random obstacles.  Sophie Lynn was the last man standing, so she and Chris headed off to the party just the two of them.



I love this.  I love how this night went nothing how I planned it.  I loved watching this moment knowing with every step she felt more and more honored, valuable.  Watching this love story between father and daughter grow.

A story of pursuit.

With our friend Sulley

Moving onto school parties, the girls requested in addition to the costumes my mom bought them, kitty cat costumes.
And thanks to the nice lady in the fabric section and Hobby Lobby, I managed to pull together kitty cat ensembles.
 We headed off to school for the parade of costumes, always a delight.  Little sisters agree.
Precious Halle Beth




my sweet mama
For the main event, another costume change.  Such is life with girls, I'm learning.

I love this picture.
Sophie's irritated, Alice won't relent in her grip of her squeezed spinach and apples, Emma's immersed into her big sister role, and Bella is crying in protest.
And then off we went.




Millie and Owen...ah hem, I mean Captain America and Rapunzel
And then somewhere between the face paint and potty scrubbing, I went bananas in the kitchen this week.
First up, Pioneer Woman's Knock You Naked Brownies.  I have expertise in the area of eating brownies and these brownies are the best.
Only I was having issues with committing to a caramel center for the whole batch.
Solution.  I doubled the recipe and then divided the pan using a trusty barrier of chocolate chips and did caramel, peanut butter, and marshmallows.

Solid.  Superb choice if I may say so.

The hubs is around tonight, he's around this weekend.  The new job brings him home more and the excitement is at an all time high around here.

A new, fall weekend pace is coming.

 We responded with family naps and more baking.

And since my pumpkin obsession is continually on the rise, we're trying out a new recipe of Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with maple icing.
Good groceries, these are going to be amazing.

My heart swells.
I'm thankful.  I'm relishing in the blessings of family and friends.  Grateful for the pace of life with 4 littles and a season marked with memories, joy, and continual clinging to the richness of His grace.
Tomorrow we'll welcome jammied bodies into our beds, we'll hum theme songs to cartoons and stream into the kitchen for coffee.  We'll make plans and go.
And maybe not.  Maybe the backyard will call our names and piles of leaves will invite us to play.

Fall, an encore.

4 comments:

  1. Cute cute costumes!!! Pic of Emma looking at Bella is priceless:). Yay for the hubs being home more and on that note, happy early anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's alot of costumes! haha I was lucky to pull outta their closets the makings of one a piece! I have a lot to learn before my girl gets old enough to care! :) haha Love reading what you are up to...as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah..i forgot - what does your husband do now??

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love.
    love those doke ladies.
    love all your photos.
    and love those pumpkin cinnamon rolls :)

    ReplyDelete