"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thankful

We're loving us some fall right now.
Loving us some crunchy leaves under bicycle wheels of bundled babes.
Loving us some planning and additions of family traditions of the holidays around the corner.

And among other things to treasure, I'm loving me some Bella Jane.
We are thankful.
We have embraced this beautiful season of change in more ways than one.  We get merrily caught up in the festive agendas and opportunities to gather, to bake, to be thankful.
Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls greeted us this past weekend and fantastically delivered.
This recipe is my favorite.  
In so many ways, we are thankful.

She is the berries.  Period.
In full swing of the season, school parties and field trips continue, and little dancers have progress to show.  With happy hearts and proud efforts, we were honored to come see them dance.  Each sister took her turn watching.

Tiny dancer up first, Sophie Lynn.  Sister is in her element on the dance floor.  The preciseness of steps and direction are secondary to her love for the music and movement.  

My girl just loves to dance.
And this one, watching her brings heart swells so sweet of the first time we heard 'it's a girl'.  Watching her brings the joy of the simple thoughts and dreams of one day hoping this baby girl would want to dance.  It's silly and simple.

It's lovely.
For her, she relishes in the direction and response to the steps.  

with Millie and Ella


They love to dance and we are honored to be present and watch them.

Thankful.
And all of that sweetness brings me back.  Back to the pumpkin love.
This happy little recipe found us by mistake.  We tossed some pumpkin bread batter into a bundt pan, on top of a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, topped with my current favorite, maple icing.


We are thankful.








Thankful for His new mercies and grace.  Thankful the gift so freely given in my weakness.
Thankful to celebrate her soon, our little turkey baby.  I held this sweet one, her tiny newborn body during my daddy's funeral almost 4 years ago.  
His promise of life and provision, beauty for ashes, gladness for mourning.
Peace for despair.
Few words.
Immense gratitude is this season of thanksgiving.

Thankful.

3 comments: