"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Our Savior is Coming

My heart is sad.
I have cried every day since precious lives were taken last week while little hands created and voices giggled.  I've tried to push out of my mind the images and sounds when such evil entered the school and teachers shifted into protectors, giving their lives for the very ones left helpless.



My heart aches for the families, now forever different, forever changed.
For the mama whose baby didn't come home from school last Friday.
For dinner tables with empty chairs and Christmas gifts that will never be opened by precious hands beaming with joy.

My heart and mind cannot understand, cannot grasp the darkness so present and at the same time knowing Heaven inherited royalty, and teachers courageously stood firm in the face of fear.

I look at my littles as we prepare for the King to come.  Ready to celebrate His birth and even more ready for His return, to come and make all things new.



















We are thankful.



Thankful for her preferences and how carefully she chose her sister's outfit, and how Sister delighted in gratitude.


Grateful for conversations between tiny hearts over hot cocoa, watching from the kitchen window holding back tears.
Pulling babies close in the moonlight hours and cherishing them because they are perfect gifts from above.


Our Savior is coming.  
And we wait, in brokenness, with joy and peace, contending for healing only He can bring.

...O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
"Til He appeared and the soul felt its worth
A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn
Fall on your knees
O hear the angel voices
O night divine
O night when Christ was born...

2 comments:

  1. I always know I can count on you to bring a needed cry to my day and a thankfulness to my heart. You have a way of touching the depths of the soul with your words and I am grateful for a great many things. You are among them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Merry Christmas! Miss you friend!!

    ReplyDelete