"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Right Now

In case you're wondering who the lady was in Atwood's with the bickering, screaming children, and the toddler without panties, in her dress swallowing a pack of winterfresh Extra gum...
It was me.

Sometimes I love the present.  It's what makes us who we are.  It's raw and real, it's beautiful and a work in progress.  Sometimes I like the right now because I want to freeze the moment and drink it in because I know it will end soon.  Other times, I want to skedaddIe.  
But even then, I like the right now.  I like how yesterday is gone and tomorrow is yet to come.  The right now is precious, to be savored.

I stare at her longer than she knows.  
Just like when she was a newborn and I'd slip into her room multiple times a night because I just hadn't had enough of her.  I needed another peek, just a little bit more.
She looks like her daddy.  She acts like him, talks like him, runs like him.  Traces of me but overall, a tender little version of him.  
Right now I am thankful. 
The last few weeks have been a good mixture of challenge and ease.  A quick passing of spring is here and summer is on the horizon, bringing us plenty to be grateful for.
Right now enjoying...

Family Visits
My sweet mama and brother came for a visit.  I love it when they come.
I love watching love flourish and relationship grow.
I love watching my mama love on my babies.  I love how when she leaves I can smell her perfume and my mind remembers her hands rubbing my back every night, the same hands that laced my bridal gown, and held my babies when they were born.

She's wonderful, simply wonderful.

Backyard
Our backyard is simple, nothing special or fancy.  And yet it's the place we spend hours playing and being together.

I love the anticipation of the summer months ahead.  Knowing the meals on the deck, popsicles and bubbles will be a part of every night.  How we'll tuck them in at night and cuddle their sun kissed cheeks.

Bella with her friend Jovie


Soccer
This spring we gave into requests for soccer for Emma and Sophie.
And my babies had a blast.







Little sisters came along to every game.  It was fun and hard work, well worth it.

The more I try to make a list of the right now's, the more I realize it is endless.
My heart is full, a catalogue of snapshots of our time together.

Right now, little words and letting pictures tell a story...















Stories of new recipes for birthday celebrations, trips to the park, every day house work.
Friends loving on my babies.  Time with those we love.
Cuddles.  Kisses.


My beautiful friend Shannon.








Each moment is the beautiful gift presented.  Not regretting yesterday or longing for tomorrow.
Loving our right now.

But we may skip Atwood's for awhile.

4 comments:

  1. Love this one! I love seeing your life in the simple moments Meg. Thank you for sharing and inspiring from a few hours away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written, beautiful reminder to live in the moment, needed that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pics! I love the sweet one of you and Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this post!?!? Loved it! I agree, love the one of you and Chris!

    ReplyDelete