"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Scenes of Summer

It's official, summer time is here.
The slower pace, the toasty sun, the bugs, the sun kissed babies.  All things point to summer.
One of my favorite things about summer, the calendar is set on simple fun.  The bar is set low, preferably free of charge with the expectation for fun and adventure at hand.

The bar to measure a day of success being the drifting off of conversation and the always present, summer bickering.
We don't make it home in time for her to slip into dreamy land of the day's beginning of shuffling feet downstairs welcomed by slower pace and night caps of popsicles, with all the fun in between.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.  
Our kickoff to summer was the girls' dance recital.  Each one in her own performance proudly dancing and showing her love for ballet and tap.  And proud parents and friends gathered to cheer on their little dancers.
And proud we were.

With sweet Ella Rose
Josh and Laura

The perfect start to summer fun, let the summer bucket list commence.

Enjoying the scenes of summer...
The Nutt boys

Our Bella Jane, I rocked that baby for hours.  I watched my girls play and watched her sleep.  Sister is tired these days.  Baby girl is doing some physical therapy and we're working with some amazing doctors to take care of some potential health problems.  We're hardly scratching the surface of the every day battle parents fight all over the world, brave and strong.  
On any level, a mama's heart feels and aches, she fights the good fight of telling fear to flee and standing firm on His word that promises He is good to those who wait.  Laying down her understanding to drink deeply of His all surpassing peace.  Waiting and as we do, we pray, we hope, and we claim victory.  To those who wait.

And we share with big sisters and invite them into this place of contending.  In their own way, I know they understand and grasp as much as they can.  I catch them responding to her, responding to Him.  
On this day I heard her whisper truth to her little sister.  How she will get better, how she already is.  How she will sit up, she will crawl, how she will be just fine.  She already is.  

Adding declarations of health and joy over our girl and our family to the summer bucket list.
Summer scenes pause because new little world changers need holding and welcoming, to our honor and delight.  We welcomed her, sweet Evelyn Jane.  My Emma and I snuck away for a night to meet this precious one and then slip away to dinner, into a booth, just us.  We told stories about the day she was born and how far we've come since.
Summer scenes resume.



We had a bucket list item of a family camping trip and camp we did.  Adventure, challenge, work, fun, and much more.






Beautiful Toni and her husband Rowdy
And the part of the trip I could have done without, the gigantic tarantulas everywhere.

I'm all loving nature and have a history of camping in the bush in South Africa for a bit.  But I'll be honest I wanted to squash these little critters with a frying pan.
Our kids we're not derailed.  Onto more adventure, posing included.






More summer scenes to come.  
More mornings of jammied bodied babies trickling outside in the morning sun because the day simply cannot wait.
Trips to the market for fruits and popsicles.  
Preparing for Colorado adventures to come.


Created space for being together and nothingness on the agenda.



Scenes of summer to be savored and many more to come.

To Those Who Wait
by Bethany Dillon
I am waiting on You,
I am waiting on You.
You say You’re good to those who wait.

My heart’s discouraged,
So I come to You expectant.
You say You’re good to those who wait.

Lord, today You know what I need to do,
But You can do more in my waiting than in my doing I could do.
So I won’t run anymore.
I’m waiting on You.

Oh, wretched man that I am!
Free me from my distractions.
You say You’re good to those who wait.

Then confession and repentance
Find me in the quiet.
You say You’re good to those who wait.
Now I know You’re good to those who wait.

Lord, today You know what I need to do,
But You can do more in my waiting than in my doing I could do.
So I won’t run anymore.
I’m waiting on You.

Oh, my soul,
Wait upon the Lord.
Keep your lamp filled with oil.
Oh, my soul,
Be not deceived!
Wait for Him.
Don’t be quick to leave.

Lord, today You know what I need to do,
But You can do more in my waiting than in my doing I could do.
So I won’t run anymore.
I’m waiting on You. 

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing your heart in every post! You so eloquently bring your story back to the heart of Christ. Thanks for living it out daily and for letting us walk this journey with you. I'm honored to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete